Spring is the season for new beginnings and fresh starts. It’s the perfect time to tackle any hidden oral hygiene problems and to polish up those pearly whites.
- Cavities and gum disease can lead to serious medical problems (like heart disease).
- Poor oral health can make some diseases, such as diabetes, more difficult to control.
- In pregnant women, poor oral health can lead to low birth weight babies and early labor.
- Some bacteria and infections of the mouth can even spread from mom to baby!
- Most dental problems don’t hurt right away, but you can lead to a serious infection affecting the health of your teeth, gums and body.
Healthy teeth & gums are important…. 2x2x2!
- Brush two times a day – in the morning and before going to sleep.
- Brush two minutes each time.
- A visit to the dentist two times each year is recommended for everyone with teeth
What about food….?
- Avoid frequent snacks high in sugar or starch. Chips, cookies and crackers.
- Choose plain water or milk instead of juices and other sweet beverages. Sugary drinks, even juice.
Commit to a Clean Smile this spring!
Call us today at 773.751.7800 to schedule your spring cleaning!