Our 10-week curriculum designed by a trained nutritionist focuses improving overall health through sustainable lifestyle changes, rather than following restrictive diets. Areas of emphasis include:
- Learning ways to prepare and enjoy fruits, vegetables, beans, and other whole foods
- Overcoming sugar addictions and junk food habits
- Paying attention to hunger and fullness
- Coping with stress and emotions without food
- Reading labels to identify healthy foods
- Setting health goals and discussing progress each week
This class is open to all patients interested in learning about healthy eating, but especially those interested in losing weight or managing health problems like prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, or heart disease through better eating.
Where: HHC Devon, 1300 West Devon
When: Thursdays, January 12-March 16, 2017
If you are interested in attending our next session starting in January, please fill out this form or call 312-718-0660.