Heartland Health Centers offers many quality health care and support services to women at all stages of life.
Family practice physicians, midwives and physicians with specialties in obstetrics and gynecology are all part of the team. From pregnancy testing to pelvic exams, or if you are uninsured and in need of birth control, or if you would like to attend a prenatal yoga class, Heartland Health Centers is your medical home for women’s health and pregnancy.
- Well woman gynecology visits including Pap smears pelvic exams
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal services during pregnancy
- Family planning counseling
- Birth control and emergency contraception
- Confidential testing for sexually transmitted disease
Support services for new mothers
Pregnancy is a special time for you and your baby. Receiving timely and comprehensive prenatal care is very important to the health of both you and your baby. Heartland Health Centers delivers at two different hospitals and provides excellent care in high risk pregnancies.
Our support services include:
- Nutrition counseling
- Visits with our case manager to help meet any special needs during your pregnancy
- Breast feeding support from lactation specialists that come to the hospital and/or your home
- Home visits to check on you and your baby and help you with caring for your baby
- Pregnancy support groups addressing including nutrition, labor, delivery, breast feeding, and caring for your baby
Physicians and Midwives with Specialties in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Our physicians deliver babies at Swedish Covenant Hospital and the midwives deliver at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.