Public speaker and coach Julius Mercer, right, with psychiatrist and Chief Medical Officer Laurie Carrier
We offer behavioral health care as part of your primary care. Our holistic approach to healthcare focuses on the body and the mind.
Behavioral health consultants, psychiatrists and integrative medicine specialists work with you alongside your Heartland Health Centers primary-care provider. Services include:
- Solution-focused interventions including referral to community resources by our team of Behavioral Health Consultants
- Adult and child psychiatry with referral from your Heartland Health Center primary-care provider; please note:
- Patients must obtain primary care at Heartland Health Centers for referrals to psychiatry
- A referral to psychiatry is not guaranteed
- Heartland Health Centers does not offer neuropsychological testing or psychological evaluations ordered by court, DCFS, or schools
- Your care team will work with you to find appropriate referrals in the community if we cannot meet your behavioral health needs at Heartland Health Centers
- Medication Assisted Treatment, MAT, for opioid use; no referral needed & open to all (Details below)
- Integrative medical care using evidence-based therapies such as Mind-Body-Spirit integration and healing, nutrition, and assistance dealing with multiple medications and other services
- Health classes including acupuncture, stress reduction and yoga
- Heartland Health Centers does not offer therapy or case management
Medication Assisted Treatment, MAT
No referral is needed, please text or set up an appointment by call/text to our coordinator Rhianna, at 312-590-2291 or our appointment line, 773-751-7800.
Services are available in English, Spanish, or other languages with interpretation assistance. Please start with your Heartland Health Centers primary-care provider to connect with the behavioral health team. Call 773-751-7800 to schedule an appointment or become a patient.
Offering Primary Care in Community Mental Health Centers
We offer a full range of primary care integrated with provider teams at Thresholds, Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare, and Community Counseling Centers of Chicago. Staff at any of these agencies that’s convenient for you can tell you more about their programs and services.
Mental health crisis and other resources
Heartland Health Centers does not offer psychiatric or mental health crisis support. 24-hour crisis lines operated by C4, Trilogy and other agencies as well as other resources are available. Details are on our community resources page.