Integrative medicine takes the whole person (mind, body, and spirit) into account, including all aspects of lifestyle.
It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient and makes use of all appropriate, evidence-based therapies, both conventional and complementary.
Services include care for common functional disorders such as:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Functional Dyspepsia
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
Our integrative medicine providers offer multimodal approaches to care, utilizing:
- Nutrition assessment and counseling
- Herbal Medicine
- Vitamin and Supplement Counseling
- Mind-Body-Spirit integration and healing
- Referral for targeted energy medicine approaches
- Complex medical assessments, assisting patients with
- Polypharmacy (when people are on multiple medications)
- Multiple Chronic Illnesses
- Confusion about their diagnoses, or feelings of being overwhelmed by their medical visits
All integrative providers are bilingual in English and Spanish
In an IM consult, we will discuss many aspects of a patient’s life including: diet/nutrition, movement/exercise, sources of stress, stress reduction practices, social support, meaning and purpose, and spirituality. Our recommendations will address each of these areas and may include suggestions of mind-body therapies, complementary modalities like acupuncture, herbs, or supplements. All Integrative Medicine Providers speak English and Spanish.