February is National Children’s Dental Health Month!
Taking care of your children’s teeth is vital to their long-term health. Below are 8 dental facts from our dental team that’ll help you keep your child’s smile healthy and clean.
Did you know…?
- Every child should have at least one dental visit by the age of 1
- Everyone should brush their teeth for 2 minutes, twice a day
- Everyone should visit the dentist twice a year
- Even baby teeth need to be cleaned after eating, using a soft toothbrush!
- Bottle and/or breastfeeding should stop around 12 months of age, or it could lead to severe dental disease
- Don’t put your baby/toddler to sleep with a baby bottle! This could cause damage from constant exposure to the liquid.
- The health of your baby teeth can affect the health of your adult teeth!
- Untreated dental infections can impact your overall health too, not just your mouth!
Make an appointment for your child to see a dentist today!