What to Bring to Your First Visit
- Picture ID
- Current address
- Current phone number
- Medical card or insurance card, if you have one
- All medications you are taking or a list that includes medication name and dosage
- Vaccine records if you are a student or seeing a pediatrician
- Discharge forms from hospital if you are bringing a newborn
- Children under 18 must have a parent accompany them
- Proof of income from the last 30 days is required to qualify for sliding scale fees
Do you want to receive dental care or mental health services at Heartland Health Centers? You need to have a referral from a Heartland Health Centers Primary Care doctor first. Please contact your doctor to get the referral. Then you can make an appointment for these services.
Specialty Referrals and Hospital Partners
Sometimes you might be referred to outside services if you need specialty care we do not provide. We will work with you to find a specialist. We will also work with your specialist to coordinate their recommendations into your Heartland Health Center care plan. We also have a variety of hospital partners if you need to have a hospital stay. Our major hospital partners include: Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Swedish Covenant Hospital, Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital, Presence St. Francis Hospital, John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County, and Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
In order to ensure our services are available to everyone, regardless of income, we offer a sliding fee scale for patients without insurance. The sliding fee starts at $30 a visit for lowest income patients, including all labs and basic x-rays like chest and bones.
If you have a question about your bill, please contact our billing department at (773) 296-7544.