Who we are
Our mission is to improve the well-being of the communities we serve by providing accessible, high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to be a national leader in community-based health care by advancing innovative service models and patient-centered best practices.
Heartland Health Centers is a federally qualified health center organization serving Chicago’s north side. Last year, our ten locations provided nearly 21,000 patients with a medical home where they could receive comprehensive primary care, oral health care, and mental health care services. We’re open to the entire community—the uninsured as well as those who have Medicaid, Medicare, or private insurance. We offer free interpretation services in over 35 languages.
We are an affiliate of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights but remain a fully independent organization with a separate Board of Directors. Heartland Alliance—the leading anti-poverty organization in the Midwest—believes that all of us deserve the opportunity to improve our lives. Each year, Heartland Alliances helps ensure this opportunity for nearly one million people around the world who are homeless, living in poverty, or seeking safety.
Personalized and Holistic Approach
- Personalized and Holistic Approach
- We focus on patients as individuals, recognizing and addressing the diverse circumstances of each patient helps them feel welcomed, included, and comfortable.
- Evening and weekend hours increase the convenience of accessing care.
- Our scope of services is comprehensive, and we coordinate care with other providers to meet the needs of the “whole person.???
Collaborative and Heartfelt Connections
- Patients are treated warmly and in a way that promotes trust and a feeling of belonging.
- We cultivate a community of care where patients are engaged with each other and have opportunities to get involved with the broader community.
- Collaboration at the agency-level drives the cultivation of community networks to improve the health of the neighborhoods we serve.
Tools to Inform and Empower Patients
- We empower our patients to be active participants in their own health care.
- Staff are committed to working collaboratively with patients to support their progress.
- Patients can access health education activities and health information that is relevant to their needs and in their language.