Providing services to students while they are in school plays a key role in keeping students healthy and focused.
Healthy kids learn better. That’s why Heartland Health Centers believes in School-Based Health Centers and has six sites in the Chicago area that provide urgent and primary care health care services. We provide a welcoming space convenient for both students and parents where we address a myriad of health problems. The rich array of services at our school sites have a positive impact on student well-being and academic success, and are a model for the nation.
- School and sports physicals
- Vaccines required for school
- Treatment for minor injuries and sicknesses
- Diagnosis and treatment for conditions like asthma and diabetes
- Individual, family, and group counseling
- Dental services including exams, x-rays, cleanings, and fillings
- Vision screenings
- Hearing screenings
- Health education
- Reproductive health services
- Nutrition and physical activity counseling
- Substance abuse counseling
Our health centers located in Chicago Public Schools include: Hibbard Elementary School, Roosevelt High School, Senn High School, Uplift Community High School. We also have 2 new sites at Kilmer Elementary and Sullivan High School.
Vaccine Information Sheets