Evidence shows healthy students have better attendance patterns and perform better academically. Chicago Public Schools requires a medical exam for students in Pre-K, Kindergarten, 6th and 9th grade, or who have changed schools.
What to expect at a back-to-school physical appointment
The provider will:
- Measure your child’s height, weight, blood pressure and pulse.
- Check your child’s eyes, ears, nose, throat, lymph nodes, heart, lungs and abdominals for any abnormalities.
- Assess your child’s neck, spine, shoulders, arms, wrists, elbows, knees, legs and feet.
- Make sure your child has his/her updated immunizations.
- Review your medical history.
- Ask you and your child about any concerns you may have about his/her well-being.
Back to School 2021 Free School Supplies