Are you ready to start your career in health as a medical assistant? Heartland Health Centers and the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement (NIMAA) can help you make it happen.
NIMAA applications for Spring 2022 are now closed. Check back soon for information about the application period for Fall 2022!
What is the Heartland Health Centers & NIMAA partnership?
NIMAA is an approved partner with the National Healthcareer Association and prepares all students to take the CCMA exam. Students complete the program prepared for meaningful entry-level employment in team-based primary care. In the NIMAA program, you will do remote coursework.
The 29-week program requires a commitment of approximately 32 to 36 hours/week. The current cost of the program is $6,785. Cost breakdown is on the NIMAA site.
Scholarships are available to help reduce the cost of the program and it may even be free with a two-year commitment to work at Heartland Health Centers. Friends of our clinic created the Doris Gray & Patricia Parsons Fund to honor two community leaders and consumer board members who passed away in 2020. The fund will help Heartland Health Centers externs pay for NIMAA studies.
Hear from Heartland Health Centers’ NIMAA participants
We featured our partnership with NIMAA at our recent annual event, hear from 2021 participants & their preceptors in this video clip.
- Spring 2022 application deadline is November 14. Spring classes start March 1, 2022. Learn more and start your application today by visiting www.nimaa.edu.
- When you apply you can indicate your interest in working with Heartland Health Centers.
- Questions? Speak with Alana Garcia, Clinical Health Trainer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 872-249-9310.
Gain valuable healthcare skills and experience
Gain valuable healthcare skills and experience:
- Rooming patients
- Taking vital signs
- Teach-back at the end of visits
- Communication skills
- Agenda setting
- Goal setting
- Self-management support
- Working in an interprofessional team
- Integrated team-based primary care
- The MA role in care coordination
- Health coaching
- Motivational interviewing
- Population health
- Management of a large panel
- Social determinants of health
- CPR Certification