As we move into the New Year, what are some ways you can work towards being the happiest, healthiest you? Here are a few health tips from HHC that can help you get started!
1. Wash your hands for 15 seconds. Using soap, warm water, and spending a few seconds vigorously rubbing your hands, will wash viruses down the drain. It’s highly recommended that you do this every time you sneeze or cough and especially before meals. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also good to have around the house or in a pocket or purse.
2. Winter clothing is your single most important resource to keep warm. It’s important to dress in loose-fitting layers, which trap heat easily and allow you to adjust clothing as your activities change throughout the day.
3. Make a plate look festive by including fruits and veggies. Aim to cover half the plate. Ensure at least one nutritious choice is available at potlucks by contributing a healthy dish.
4. Taking preventative measures and scheduling regular health exams and tests can help find problems before they begin. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment and cure are better. Take the steps to live a healthier life by searching for the right health services, screenings, and treatments.
5. If you feel stressed out, overwhelmed, and out of control, it’s imperative to give yourself time to relax by taking deep breaths. This aids in the increase of blood flow to the muscles and provides more energy, better metabolism and improves your memory, as well as achieving a clear and calm mind. Your thought process is more positive and helps you in making a better decision. Some other techniques to manage stress are to find support, connect socially, and get plenty of sleep.