We offer Share our Strength’s Cooking Matters program in partnership with EverThrive Illinois. This six-week program teaches participants to prepare and shop for healthy, budget-friendly meals. At each class we discuss a nutrition topic and prepare a meal together. Each participant will bring home a bag of groceries after each class with some of the ingredients needed to prepare the meal at home.
In this cooking class you will:
- Make the most of your food resources
- Cook healthy and delicious food
- Discuss nutrition and meal planning
- Put your skills to the test at a local grocery store
- Try new recipes to make at home with food you take home each week.
Where: HHC Wilson, 845 West Wilson
When: Mondays, January 9-February 20 from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
For more information or to sign-up, please fill out this form or call 312-718-0660.